Project Coverage Calculator
Estimate the amount of product needed for your project!
The Nutech Paint Coverage Calculator will help you to estimate the amount of product required for your next project.
This calculator operates in meters.
Please remember that these numbers are an approximation only and that the final amount required will vary with application and surface.
For a more accurate calculation, please contact us direct.
How much paint do I need?
You will have to input some raw data into the paint calculator. It includes:
- Room dimensions: you need to type in the length, width and height of the room you are going to paint. If your room has a different shape that a rectangular cuboid, you can also input the surface area directly into the paint estimator. The value calculated automatically takes into account only the walls.
- Doors: you can leave the default dimensions of a door or customize them to fit your needs. Once you will type in the number of doors in the room, the paint calculator will find their total area automatically.
- Windows: again, you can choose the default dimensions or type in custom ones. If you have windows of different sizes in your room, you can also calculate the total area manually and input this value into the appropriate box.
- The number of coats: by default, our calculator finds the amount of paint required for one layer, but you can input the number of coats you plan to use yourself.
- Paint efficiency: this number should be written on the paint can be expressed in m²/l or ft²/l.
- Cost per unit: Optionally, you can input the cost of a unit of paint (cost per liter or per gallon). The paint calculator will automatically find the total cost of paint.