NuPool Chlorinated Rubber
NuPool Chlorinated Rubber is a single pack solvent based system designed to provide excellent resistance to oils, salts, fats and grease providing similar performance to traditional 2 pack coating systems that are unsuitable for repainting chlorinated rubber coated surfaces.
Note: NuPool Chlorinated Rubber MUST NOT be applied to existing epoxy coatings. Determine the composition of the existing coating PRIOR TO commencement of works
- Excellent water and abrasion resistance
- Excellent protection against bacteria and mould
- Broad-spectrum chemical, salt, oil, fungus and water resistance
- Excellent adhesion to properly prepared chlorinated rubber coatings
- Range of 13 standard colours
- All surfaces must be clean and in sound condition.
- Drain the pool ensuring all residual water is removed and the surface is thoroughly dry prior to commencement of works.
- Remove all oil, dirt, grease, flaking paint and contamination.
- Repair any non-structural cracks and chips using a suitable filler.
- Structural cracks (i.e. > 3mm) and leaks – Seek professional assistance.
- Degrease using Nu-Eco Degreaser in accordance with the TDS and high pressure clean (min. 3000psi)
- Etch the surface in accordance with the TDS, (Mix 1-part Nu-EcoSafe Etch to 5 parts water)
- high pressure clean (min. 3000psi) remove excess water and allow to thoroughly dry.
- Application: (2 coats) Minimum Dry Film Thickness: 90µm Per coat.
- Brush/Roller 1st Coat: No thinning required.
Observe recoat times.
- Brush/Roller 2nd Coat: No thinning required.
Observe dry time.
- Spray: (2 coats) 10% - 15% Thinner
Observe Recoat and dry times.
Drying times may vary in cooler conditions or high humidity.
- Touch dry: 20 minutes.
- Recoat: 2 - 4 hours.
- Full Cure: 7 Days.
- Allow 7 days prior to filling the pool with water.
Proper safety procedures should be followed at all times while handling the product.
DO NOT allow degreasers or acid etchers to dry on the pool surface. This may cause adhesion issues
NuPool Chlorinated Rubber
2 – 4 hours
Ambient Application Temperature:
10°C - 30°C
The information given in this data sheet is based on many years experience and is correct to the best of our knowledge. However as the use of our product is beyond our control we can only be responsible for the quality of our product at the time of dispatch. For additional information about specifications or application please contact our company. As this information is of a general nature we cannot assume responsibility for individual use.